Friday, October 19, 2007

Chirstmas is Coming

As I sit and begin planning the holiday, I become a bit overwhelmed at the events and people that demand my time. So... I sit take 10 deep breaths, get out my planner and let my pencil (Not pen, because I am hoping somethings will get erased) begin to fly across the page. I schedule parties, singing engagements, school pageants, church performances, and time with special people. Then It hits me... I am triple booked! UGH! Now time to prioritize!
1. God - need that time to get me through everything else!
2. My family
3. My job (which I love)
4. My friends
5. My church
Wow, that was hard to place them in an order. They all are so important, but when you triple book, and have to choose. It is good to know who or what comes first.
Now on to the Christmas list. I always make a gift giving list and budget, then begin shopping in October (I am a little behind). Thanks to Kathy Firkins, www.kathyfirkins.com , who got me started on the whole holiday planner kick. AND thanks to Julie Brooks for the cute planner design at www.juliejeanbrooks.com . I am well on my way to a stress free ( well from the planning) Holiday.
With all the hullabalu going on during the holiday season, I still remember why we celebrate!
Jesus is my salvation, my hope, my friend, my teacher, and my confidant. I can't imagine where I would be without Him. Thank you Lord for saving my soul. Thank you Lord for giving me hope. Thank you Lord for loving me.

No comments: